Kyiv city

Prytysko-Mykilska street, 7

Pharmacy Museum

In Podol, this pharmacy appeared in 1728, its owner was the German Johann Gaither (Eister). After his death, the pharmacy was inherited by his son-in-law Georg Friedrich Bunge (1722—1792), a military pharmacy clerk at the hospital. This institution was a pharmacy for 111 years, until 1839. The Bunge family was known not only in Kiev, but also in general in Russia of the XIX century. Grandson of Georg-Friedrich Nikolay Khrystyjanovich Bunge (1823—1895) was a political figure, rector of the University of St. Vladimir, Reformer Minister, Prime Minister of the Russian Empire.In 1988, after the restoration, a museum was opened here. The collection of the museum is more than 50,000 exhibits, including pharmacy utensils, furniture, tools for making medicines, pharmacy packaging, pharmacopoeia of the 19th and 20th centuries, Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, German and other materials from the pharmaceutical industry. The exposition of the museum recreates the pharmacy of the XVIII-XIX centuries. It has 12 halls, in particular, such as pharmacist's office, healer's hut, alchemist's laboratory and others.