Kyiv city

city of Kyiv

Pavla Usenka St, 7/9

Museum of the History of KP “Kyivpastrans”

The museum was opened in 1927 in connection with the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the October Revolution as the “All-Union Tram Museum named after the tenth anniversary of October” in the then abandoned Demievsky tram park. In 1942, the museum was completely looted by the German occupiers and after the liberation of Kiev was not restored due to the lack of exhibits. The museum was reopened in 1992 in connection with the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Kiev tram and was located at Akademika Filatov Street, 22/8. From the time of opening until April 14, 2010, the permanent director of the museum was Lidia Arkhipovna Livinska.

The exposition is located in one large hall. In the hall of the museum there are numerous models of trams, trolleybuses and buses operating or working in Kiev. Extremely interesting are three dioramas that reflect different stages of the development of Kyiv transport — “Beginning” (1892), “The Years of War” and “Our Time”. Also, attention is drawn to the large map of Ukraine, where all cities that now have or had a tram or trolleybus are marked. All tram and trolleybus lines that have existed since the appearance of these types of transport in our city are marked on the big map of Kyiv.

The museum exhibits numerous photographs, books, documents telling about the history of transport development not only of Kiev, but also of other cities. A unique library of magazines (most of which are French, American and English) and books, numbering approx. 5000 copies from many countries of the world, tells about the history of transportation around the world.

Bramskyj K. A. personal stands dedicated to prominent electric transporters Volodymyr Veklych, Vasily Dyakonov, Stanislav Beykul and Isaak Katsov were designed.

Since 2011, the museum has been located on the territory of the Darnytsky tram depot (from 1992 to 2011 it was located at “Akademika Filatov Street,22/8").