Vinnytsia
Soborna street, 21
The main collection of the art museum was the collection founded in 1918 by the “Podolsk Regional Art and Industrial and Scientific Museum”. Opened to the public in 1919 as a historical and domestic museum. On May 5, 1919, an exhibition of private collections was opened, which was called the “People's Museum”. The basis of his collection was the museum collections of the Vinnytsia County Land Administration, the Podolsk Society of Agriculture and Agricultural Industry, private collections of members of the Podolsk Society for the Protection of Historical Monuments. At the origins of the creation of the museum in Vinnytsia were the artists V. F. Korenev, G. IN. Brilling.In the middle of 1920, an extremely rich collection of artistic values from the Nemyriv Palace of Princess M. G. Shcherbatova (from the Stroganovs-Potocki family), in particular, the canvases of Western and Eastern European masters of the XVII—XIX centuries. In addition, the collections formerly belonging to the Grokholsky were transferred to the museum. From 1921 to 1923, the director of the Vinnytsia Art Museum was the artist Stepan Slobodianyuk-Podolyan, and he also transferred to the museum his collection of coins, books and paintings.