Lavrska street, 9
The Museum of Theatre, Music and Film Art of Ukraine was founded on January 30, 1923 as a theater museum under the Artistic Association “Berezil”, headed by a prominent figure of Ukrainian theater Les Kurbas. The creation of the museum was entrusted to an elected museum commission consisting of actors V.Vasilko (chairman of the commission and responsible head of the future museum), L. Gakkebusch (deputy chairman), O.Shvachko (secretary of the commission), M.Savchenko, V.Haivoronsky and M.Kononenko. Later, actors O.Serdyuk, P.Masokha, D.Demutsky (photographer, later famous cinematographer) took an active part in the museum work. The museum's stock collection was started by materials from V.S.Vasilko's own archive: about 800 units - mainly negatives and photographs. It was the only thing the museum commission had.