Oleni Telihy street, 12
The uniqueness of the Cyrillic Church, first of all, lies in its reliability. After Sophia of Kiev, this is the second temple in Kiev, preserved to this day from the distant times of Kievan Rus. The monument, founded in the XII century, survived the invasion of Khan Batya, the robberies inflicted on it by the invaders of hetman Janusz Radzivil, repeated fires, the transition from the status of a monastery temple to the status of a hospital church in a disabled house, a period of destruction buildings in Soviet times (then the bell tower of the Cyrillic Monastery was destroyed), a ruinous village that swept past the monument in the 60s of the XX century, taking hundreds of human lives, etc. Fortunately, despite such a course of events, the Cyrillic Church has survived to this day in almost its original form. The temple, despite these adversities, has survived, having imprinted in memory all these events, preserving its architecture, monumental painting, among which — 800 square meters of frescoes of the XIIth century. with unique plots, works of the outstanding artist Mikhail Alexandrovich Vrubel, famous works of unknown and unknown Ukrainian artists of the 19th century. We owe the preservation of the Cyrillic Church to the solid architecture, the location far from the center of Kiev and, without a doubt, to the fact that in 1929. The Cyrillic Church, given its exceptional historical and artistic value, was declared a state museum-reserve. It was May 1929 that became significant and decisive in the modern history of the church: at the time when the monuments of sacred culture were massively destroyed, the very fact of declaring the Cyrillic Church a museum, the State Historical and Cultural Reserve turned out to be its salvation. In 1962. The Cyril Church became part of the State Architectural and Historical Reserve “Sofia Museum”, and since 1994 it has become a monument of national significance. Today the Museum “Kirillovskaya Church” is a department of the National Reserve “Sofia of Kiev”. Since the 90s of the twentieth century. services were resumed in the temple, which take place every Saturday and Sunday, as well as on the days of major Orthodox holidays.