Odessa
Sofiivska street, 5a
The building, which houses the Odessa Art Museum, was built between 1824 and 1828. The author of the project is unknown. After the completion of construction, the building was certified by the famous Odessa architect Frans Karlovich Boffo. The first owner of the palace was Countess Olga Stanislavovna Naryshkina (born Pototskaya). In 1888, the palace was acquired by the mayor of Odessa Grigory Grigorovich Marazli — a famous public figure, collector and philanthropist. In 1892, he transferred the palace to the city in order to create a museum of fine arts in it. The opening of the museum took place on October 24 (November 6) 1899. The architecture of the palace embodies the best traditions of Russian classicism of the early nineteenth century. The central composition of the building is distinguished by strict and harmonious elegance — a two-story building with a portico of six Corinthian order columns supporting the pediment, and two symmetrically arranged one-story wings connected by rounded galleries.